Monday, June 30, 2014

3-1/2 Weeks Since Surgery!


It’s been 24-days (3-1/2 weeks) since my surgery.  It is hard to believe that this much time has passed by so quickly, and that I feel so good. 

Today was my first day back to work, though I only had office hours today and tomorrow I will teach two back-to-back classes.  I am nervous about it.

Healing seems to be going great, the incision area looks nice and I know it will get better with time.  The quality of my voice has really improved, each day I notice I have no hesitation to talk but still forget that I actually have a voice. 
 
For the most part the from week 2 through week 3 my voice was very smooth, just a few days ago I noticed that my voice would get these random higher pitches now and then.  I think this is most likely part of healing process. 

I am able to swallow all pills and drinking water is never an issue, though I always drink with a straw and carry straws in my purse.   

I’m still really excited about my voice and how things are going!  I was lucky to have 3-1/2 weeks off between quarters at the college, but in reality, it does not take this long to recover.  It just takes time to recover from any surgery, from being tired and undergoing anesthesia.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment