Monday, August 18, 2014

Time passes quickly!


It’s been 10 weeks since my SLAD/R surgery.   

I’m still dealing with this weird puberty type of voice.  It seems that it is high and it cracks at times.  Other times my voice is just tired and it sounds weak. 

I have also found that I’ve had some trouble drinking water, even though I use a straw it seems that I still choke.  I try to keep my chin down slightly and this helps, I am drinking much less water than I used to just because I worry about choking when I am at work and in public. 

I cannot raise my voice, though I can sing and that feels good!  I use my voice amplifier while I am at work and will be buying another to use at home this week, as the quality of the sound is so much better when I talk soft.   

My scar is healing up okay, it certainly doesn’t bother me to see it but I can still see the red line. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment